Friday 21 March 2014

Freds friendly advice for the people of New York

So I've been in New York nearly a week now and feel like I'm almost a local here. Before I leave this place though I feel it is my duty to pass on a few thoughts to you lovely people that I think will help this place run just that little bit smoother.

1. Manhatten is busy, it cant be helped, there are alot of people trying to move around on an island thats not much bigger than Portland. The traffic is bad. Be patient guys, you'll get there in the end. LEANING ON YOUR HORN WILL NOT MAKE THAT RED LIGHT GREEN, Chill out.
2. Everyone in Manhatten needs a job, bills to pay, I understand that. Some people earn fortunes sat at their desk 100 floors above the madness. Others are less fortunate and have to try and earn money from the millions of tourists that come here. Here's some Fred advice if your a 4ft tall Asian lady in Times Square. DONT DRESS UP AS CHEWBACCA AND EXPECT PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR PHOTOS, you look ridiculous, save up and get a Minion suit. Far more profitable.
3. Garbage collectors and delivery guys of Manhatten. Thats a very demanding job you have in a hostile enviroment, I understand that. But please, if you must empty the bins at 4am PLEASE DO IT QUIETLY.
4. Bus Tour operators of Manhatten. Your buses are a great way of seeing the city, I have enjoyed your tours myself this week but please think of a way of identifying who already has tickets, after the first 25 times explaining to your ticket agents that I already have a ticket my patience was wearing thin.

Having said these things New York is a fantastic place with fantastic people and I have had a freakin' awesome time, but today I must leave and move on to Chicago. City of Pizzas, Coffee and .... Wind.
Route 66 begins in Chicago and to be honest I cant wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment